Although it’s not the focus of Me Woman You Man, I’ve been on a decluttering / organizing / minimalist kick for just over a year (just ask Luc…every time he misplaces something now and can’t find it, he accuses me of “decluttering it”). So a number of blogs that I follow are related to these topics.
So how happy was I this week when one of those bloggers nominated me for a Liebster Award!
Thank you, Anne over at Minimalist Sometimes for the nomination! I’m proud to say I’ve been following Anne since Day 1 of her journey and I can always find something inspiring in what she writes.
For those who aren’t familiar with the Liebster, it’s a by-bloggers-for-bloggers award…a spread-the-love chain letter if you will with no bad luck attached (at least I hope not!).
Here are the rules (which can vary) that Anne gave me for accepting this award:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions you were given
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 500 followers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Tag your nominees and post a comment in their blog so they know they’ve been nominated!
Now, since I’m on a decluttering / organizing / minimalist kick, I’m feeling a little overwhelmed by the whole “11” angle. It’s a lot. Likely more than necessary. I could probably get by with less. (These are the things I tell myself when I’m going through socks, say, or DVDs.)
So, in the spirit in which it was offered, I’ll answer Anne’s 11 questions (I love the ones she chose by the way), but I’m going to reduce the other conditions by about half to 6 nominations and 6 questions. I’m also going to recycle my 6 questions from Anne’s list (how efficient of me, right? Just like I don’t need another kitchen gadget or flower vase, we don’t need to be adding excess questions to our world when we already have perfectly good ones at our disposal! Plus I’m curious about others’ answers to them). I hope I’m not tempting the blogging fates by changing the rules!
ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED
1. What is the one thing you are proud of? The fact that although I take an agonizingly long time to make decisions (everything from buying a house to having kids to what to make for dinner) I usually make the right one and have very few regrets.
2. If you won the lottery, by a substantial amount (so money was no longer a factor), what would you do? Keep the house, but pay it off and redecorate it (I love my neighbourhood too much to leave), book a trip (and then another and then another), look after the kids’ future, and buy the Children’s Hospital whatever is on their wish list (because we owe them both of our kids’ lives).
3. Your absolute favourite dessert? Chocolate cheesecake…so much so that Luc and I decided to forego a traditional wedding cake when we got married and had it served up instead.
4. What three words do you think your closest friends would use to describe you and what three words would you use to describe yourself? Them: loyal, practical, emotional. Me: loyal, practical, emotional.
5. Your favourite quote? I have notebooks full of quotes I’ve saved over the years, but the one that I try to live by is “You do not have to be your mother unless she is who you want to be.”
6. Mountains or beach? Beach! (preferably in Mexico at an all-inclusive resort…and paid for with the money I won in number 2…)
7. Can you sing? Do I? Yes. Can I? Depends how many glasses of wine I’ve had…
8. What is number one on your bucket list? To be published by someone other than myself (hmmm, maybe I should have included “craves validation” in number 4…).
9. Holy smokes! The apocalypse is here! Your family and pets are safe. You’re at home and can only take what you can carry. What do you save? Rover (my favourite stuffed animal who I’ve had since I was 5 years old). Pretty much anything else could be replaced. (Whoa. Just putting that into words sheds a whole new light on everything I own. This should make the decluttering / organizing / minimalist process a lot easier! Watch out, Luc! Hang on to your valuables!)
10. If you could have a teleportation device that connects your current location to one specific location, what would that location be and why? My dad’s house so that I could see him, his wife and the rest of that side of the family more often. And because the 7-hour drive is a killer.
11. You get a letter in the mail from 90-year-old you. She/He tells you 3 amazing things you’ve accomplished. What are those 3 things? 1) Found and married the love of my life. 2) Had two remarkable kids. 3) Had my book published. Two down, one to go!
OK, on to my nominees…I follow about 50 blogs right now, and as I went through them to pick out my nominees, I realized a couple of things:
- Some really amazing bloggers haven’t posted in ages (and I miss them).
- Some of the blogs I follow have THOUSANDS of followers (and I’m very jealous).
So in choosing my nominees, I tried to make sure they had posted something in the recent past and that they were under the 500 mark for followers.
MY LIEBSTER NOMINEES (in no particular order)
Motherhood Honestly (because we should all tell it honestly)
15 Minute a Day Home Purge Challenge (because if you can do 15 minutes a day, I can too!)
Square Rutabaga (because I love the idea of finding my “square root”)
Kerry’s Organized Chaos (because I strive for organized chaos!)
OrtizsCrazyLife (because it helps to share the day-to-day dealings of having a child with Type 1 Diabetes)
Minimalist Believer (because there can be a spiritual side to having/wanting/needing less)
I hope my nominees will accept their award by answering the following.
MY QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- If you won the lottery by a substantial amount (so money was no longer a factor), what would you do?
- What three words do you think your closest friends would use to describe you and what three words would you use to describe yourself?
- Your favourite quote?
- What is number one on your bucket list?
- Holy smokes! The apocalypse is here! Your family and pets are safe. You’re at home and can only take what you can carry. What do you save?
- If you could have a teleportation device that connects your current location to one specific location, what would that location be and why?
Thanks again, Anne for the nomination. I accept my Liebster with pride (and a few cut corners!)
And a special shout-out to our friend over at Free But Fun who nominated Me Woman You Man and Me Man You Woman for another blogging award back in November, but we were too busy/overwhelmed/lazy to respond.